Buying A Home
Before the home search
- Park 52 will review your financial position to determine the price most suited to your ability to pay and comfort level. Pre-qualifying will help you in the following ways:
Ø Interest rates are usually locked in for a set period of time. You will know in advance exactly what your payments will be on offers you choose to make
Ø You won't waste time considering homes you cannot afford.
Ø You can select the best loan package without being under pressure.
Ø Seller may choose to make concessions if they know that your financing is secured, and this may make your offer more competitive.
- Estimate purchase costs, and explain them in detail
- Explain financing alternatives to help you select the one best suited for you
- Discuss home styles, availability, location, schools and any specific features that you desire
- Explain the Offer to Purchase Agreement in detail as well as the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Prepare a market report, give pricing recommendations, and provide an estimate of equity from the sale of your present home
- Provide you with information on all properties currently for sale that fit your needs, including new and pre-owned homes, single family homes and condominiums
- Prescreening is done over the phone to find out if tenants qualify before setting appointments to show the inside of you property
- Appointments are set with perspective tenants to walk through the home
- Applications are given at the time of showing to encourage applying for your home
During the home search
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each home in relation to your specific needs
- Keep you informed on a regular basis
- Check the MLS database and with other brokers daily for new listings that meet your criteria
- Prepare an itinerary and "tour map" on which all homes meeting your criteria have been located
- Keep you up-to-date on changing financial conditions that may affect the housing market
- Be available to answer your questions or to offer assistance regarding your home purchase
- Discuss market trends and values relative to properties that may be of interest to you
- Show you new homes as well as pre-owned homes if you desire
- Signs are placed in front of your unit or community
- Introduce you to local builders to discuss building your next home
When you have found your new home
· Prepare an Offer to Purchase Agreement and explain each detail.
· Provide you with copies of all the documents involved in the purchase agreement and financing.
· Provide you with an estimated cost of closing or settlement including points, title insurance appraisals, credit reports, etc. prior to the loan application.
· Assist you in determining the appropriate financing and help institution to handle your mortgage.
· Accompany you to the loan application if you so desire.
· Provide you with a loan application checklist.
· Make arrangements for the mortgage application (see loan application checklist).
· Coordinate any necessary inspections of property to evaluate the major elements of the home such as:
Ø Termite / Rodent / Dry Rot
Ø General Premises
Ø Subsoil Conditions
Ø Safe Water Report
Ø Septic System Report
Ø Code Compliance
Ø DIHLR Inspection
Ø Repairs per contract
· Assist in securing interim financing if your present home has not yet sold
Selling A Home
Park 52 will:
- Work with you to determine the best pricing strategy for your home
- Create a marketing plan to reach qualified buyers
- Help you maximize the marketability of your home
- Aid in contract negotiations
- Help with paperwork, inspections, and other contract-to-closing details
- Guide the process from contract through closing
- Consult with you at every step
- Negotiate and close the transaction within your desired timeframe