Screening and Credit Requirements
1. Completing an Application: Every person age 18 and above must complete a rental application. If any applicable fields are left blank or are filled incorrectly, we will return it to you for completion. Falsifying information is grounds for denial of your application.
2. Identification/Social Security Card: Applicant must provide valid, verifiable government issued identification. Example: A Valid Driver's License and or Government ID. Applicant is required to provide valid, verifiable copy of your social security card and/or a copy of your tax statement that was filed the previous tax year.
3. Sufficient income minimums/resources: We must be able to verify the amount of your income. Applicant must have the ability to pay all deposits and rent in full, prior to move-in.
Houses - (Properties that tenant is responsible for all utilities)
Verifiable income that must be 3 times the rental amount in your gross monthly income.
Multi Family Units - (Properties that include utilities Ex: Water/Sewer/Garbage)
Verifiable income that must be 2.5 the rental amount in your gross monthly income
Verifiable Resources: Current Pay stub, Valid Social Security or Retirement Statement.
Applicants that are Self Employed and /or are an independent contractor must provide: Current 3 months of bank statements, current tax form filed from previous year and business license.
4. Roommates: No more than 3 adults per single family dwelling and no more than 2 occupants per bedroom will be allowed. Two or more adults who are applying for a property may qualify with a combined income with 1 year of verifiable rental history. If you do not have shared rental history, it is required that one tenant to make 3 times the rent and all other tenants to make 2.5 times the rent & multi-family units will require one tenant to make 2.5 times the rent and all other tenants to make 2 times the rent.
5. Credit Requirements: Our office requires that you have reasonable credit, meaning that there needs to be more positive standing accounts versus delinquent payments and/or collection accounts. If there is a Court Judgment please provide a letter of explanation. Certain Court Judgments against you may result in denial of your application. Collections, Judgments and/or money owed to other owners, managers or apartment complexes can result in denial. Discharged bankruptcies accepted after 6 months of re-established credit.
6. Rental History: Rental history must be verifiable from unbiased sources. If you are related by blood or marriage to any of the landlords listed we will need additional contact information for rental history from an unbiased source. We will verify a minimum of two rental references. If you have limited or no rental history you will need to meet all other screening requirement's and your application may result in a conditional approval i.e., requiring an additional security deposit and/or a co- signer. It is your responsibility to provide us with the information necessary to contact all landlords. If you are a homeowner we will need to verify ownership. Poor references from previous landlords may result in denial of your application. Evictions/Outstanding Balances: If you have had an eviction/outstanding balance in order to consider your application there must be no balance owing to previous Landlords and positive rental history must have been re-established since that time. Applicant must also meet remainder of screening requirements.
7. Co-signer Requirements: To qualify, Co-signers must be related to the tenant and provide verifiable proof of: 3 times the rent in their gross monthly income, home ownership in Pierce County, and better than average credit (see credit requirements).
8. Criminal History: Criminal history will be considered- including the seriousness of the crime and the date of the conviction, probationary period, court required classes, and/or compliance items. Please provide a written explanation including the offense date, type of conviction/crime and amount of time served along with your application you submit.
9. Application Acceptance Policy: Park 52 will take one back up application per property, but WILL NOT PROCESS the application until the first position application has been officially denied. Your application must include all of the necessary documents and funds to be placed in second position. If the first application is approved, then all of your funds will be refunded.
10. Approval on Properties Unseen: We do require that the property is viewed with a Park 52 representative. If you are not local we can schedule a Facetime or Skype viewing to complete the requirement. Any deposits paid are non-refundable and will be forfeited in the event you withdraw the application during screening processed or are dissatisfied with your property and do not sign the lease upon your arrival
11. Pet Possible Properties: For your pet to qualify at a pet welcome property, it must be at least 1 year of age, you must provide verifiable rental history with your pet, and a $500 minimum pet deposit must be paid (additional fees may be added per pet). Small pet properties will not accept animals over 30lbs. Large pet properties will not accept animals over 75lbs. Allowance of pets varies from property to property. A photo of your pet is required for our files. A receipt for a professional flea treatment will be required when vacating the property.
The following breeds are prohibited: Pit Bull, Pit Bull Mix, Rottweiler, German Shepherds, American Stafford shire Terrier, Doberman Pinschers, American Bull Dogs, and Bull Mastiffs.
*Service Animals are the exception. Documentation will be required.